A four-day camping, hiking, biking, swimming, educational and gastronomical extravaganza in Yosemite National Park with a group of friends.
How to do Yosemite right:
- Reserve campsite in Upper Pines Campground. Located all the way back in the valley within easy walking distance of Happy Isles and the Nature Center and a short bike ride Curry Village. The roads are closed to cars around the campground which facilitates cycling with kids.
- Make campsite reservations as far in advance as possible. We placed reservations at exactly 7am on the day in March that reservations opened for July, and still did not get all of the sites we wanted.
- Ride bikes up to Mirror Lake for wading/swimming.
- Hike the Mist Trail up to the top of Vernal Falls (trail is very crowded however).
- Ride bikes over to the river between Lower and North Pines Campgrounds for more wading/swimming.
- Ride bikes to Curry Village for ice cream, pizza, ice, etc.
- Take the wee ones on a Nature Walk and complete the other curricula to become sworn Yosemite Junior Park Ranges.
- Drive up to Glacier Point on your way out of the park for stunning views of Half-Dome and much of the high country of the park.